The first new release from anamorphic since Nostromo, Lazaretto uses a combination of source material from late 2002.
Encoded and restored from a cassette tape, here is the first 40 minutes of DJ Sho’s main floor set from the Xanadu party held at Ross Camp in Lafayette, Indiana on October 29, 1994. While going through tape archives I found a cassette that was in my car on auto-reverse for about a year with this set. The tape was restored playing it through the Neve 5033 parametric EQ and Neve Master Buss Processor to fix the sound and encoded at 24bit/96KHz with the Burl B2 Bomber and then run through Waves Restoration in Logic. Stream or download the release from Soundcloud.
Like a shortwave numbers station, but with no useful value whatsoever, ITFAIS Radio is temporarily online and broadcasting now through the new year. We’ll start with techno, including many of this year’s top picks and transition to ambient after midnight, new years day.
- Open http://radio.itfais.com/radio in a media aware browser
- Use a media player to open the streaming playlist http://radio.itfais.com/listen.pls
- You can also try: http://radio.itfais.com:8000/listen.m3u
Best Electronic / Ambient / Techno released in 2017:
- William Basinski, A Shadown in Time (2062, Cat #20621701)
- GAS, Narkopop (Kompakt 136)
- As If, Presence (Binemusic 036)
- Kritzkom, Void Minus Matter (Seagrave SR044)
- Richard Chartier, Removed (Ash International 12.5)
- S.E.T.I, Interim Report from Worm Boundary Five (Self Released)
- Deepchord, Auratones (Soma 117)
- Conforce, Autonomous (Delsin 124dsr)
- Claro Intelecto, Exhilarator (Delsin 127dsr)
- V/A, Pop Ambient 2018 (Kompakt 377)
- Martin Schulte, Seasons (Lantern 021)
- Edit Select, The Bridge EP (Soma 501)
Best Indie / Rock released in 2017:
Ever wonder what was on that tape? Remastered in 24bit/192KHz from the original source tape, Anamorphic’s Scratch Plant is released as ITFAIS-008 on the 19th anniversary of the first source recording.
Stream or download the MP3 release from Soundcloud.
1 – 5/25/1998 (30:38)
2 – 6/2/1998 (13:52)
3 – 11/8/1998 (14:16)
4 – 11/14/1998 (44:25)